Monday, May 2, 2011

The Bottom Twenty

In one of those relentless updates to iTunes in which nothing good happens an at-work library file was lost (although songs were not). So for some completely stupid reason I decided the songs re-imported into the library, being relatively new adds, should all be listened to five times as most of the others were well worn. The task is almost finished, and these songs are the bottom 20 that the iTunes shuffle left until last.

So iTunes discriminates against nostalgia in general and country music in particular.

Free At Last | Antony & The Johnsons
Fratres | Arvo Pärt
Tabula Rasa | Arvo Pärt
When I'm Sixty-Four | The Beatles
On To the Show | The Beau Hunks
Under the Anheuser Busch | Billy Murray
Mental Cruelty | Buck Owens and Rose Maddox (substitute hasn't got the verve)
Le Freak | Chic
Marriage | DRI
Miller's Cave | Hank Snow
What's The Good Word Mr. Bluebird? | The Hoosier Hot Shots (no suitable link exists so here is a horrifying video)
El Pito (I'll Never Go Back To Georgia) | Joe Cuba
What's Golden | Jurassic 5
Mama Tried | Merle Haggard
Where Eagles Dare | Misfits
(You've Got) The Magic Touch | The Platters
Next To You | The Police
Poor Folks Town | Porter Wagoner & Dolly Parton
Beat On The Brat | Ramones
How My Yodelling Days Began | Wilf Carter (you'll have to make do with a song about a DEAD DOG)

6 comments:

M. Bouffant said...

What will it take to convince people that Apple is/are Evil Elitists who hate real Americans & good music?

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

With a baseball bat!
~

Mandos said...

We have five years to say "I told you so" to our fellow Canadians.

davidly said...

Yikes. I wouldn't even know if that happened to me; and, of course, I'm not gonna start keeping track of how many songs are in each list. Hmm.

Great bottom twenny, by the way.

Dr.KennethNoisewater said...

iTunes is ageist!

Le Freak | Chic

YAAAAAAAAY!!!

This entry must've taken some time to write. I look forward to clicking when I get some time.

Substance McGravitas said...

We have five years to say "I told you so" to our fellow Canadians.

40% of them anyway. Hooray for representative democracy!