Sunday, November 28, 2010

Theft of Wood

Opposition to the police in Russia:
In a video, made while they were hiding in the forest, the young men wear army fatigues and hold guns. Stripped to the waist, Alexander Kovtun, the group's leader, directly addresses the police:

"This is not some spontaneous act," he says. "No. We planned it and did it on purpose, to kill you gangsters, because you are the real criminals. You provide cover for drug-trafficking, prostitution and the theft of wood from our forests."

7 comments:

M. Bouffant said...

Stripped to the waist

Are they all Putin now?

ckc (not kc) said...

I can see the wood from my .... eyes

Mendacious D said...

In Soviet Russia, wood chops you!

/obligatory

This is all the fault of The Left, I'm sure.

Substance McGravitas said...

I am pleased that M. Bouffant is the first to comment, as I thought of him when I read about this gang of righteous cop-killers. What's impressive is that the sentiment of the populace appears to be behind them.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Hey you woodchucks!

Stop chucking my wood!
~

J— said...

the theft of wood from our forests

It's big business. Illegally harvested and then smuggled timber often goes from Russia to China to the rest of the world.

M. Bouffant said...

Mostly I'm opposed to my wood being stolen. Damn succubi.