Monday, November 1, 2010

Name Flopping

Here is the whole of a Jay Nordlinger post at The Corner:
Ted Sorensen
November 1, 2010 3:35 P.M.
By Jay Nordlinger

The famed speechwriter and politico passed away yesterday. I talked to him once, on the phone. Wanted to confirm something. Mainly, I wanted the chance to talk to him. I had read that, whenever he was asked whether he had written Kennedy’s inaugural address, he answered, “Ask not.” When I quoted that to him, he sort of winced, verbally: “Yes, I said that, but just once: only once.” He was embarrassed about it. (Even though he had admitted nothing, about the speech.) He was of the school of not telling — not telling what you wrote.

I’m glad I made contact with him, even if it was just a phone conversation. A big figure in our political life.
Well done gramps. Wait, not telling what again?

4 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

It's the corner, Jake.

Just be glad they're trying out the reading and writing thing.

Maybe it will take hold, someday.
~

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Not telling about his night of anonymous buttsecks with Jay Nordlinger.

mikey said...

Oh yeah?

Well, my godfather was William Penn Patrick.

So there.

W/V is feeling some anxiety over having had sex with an ugly chick last night: bangst

Kathleen said...

LOL