Monday, February 2, 2009

It's a Harsh Realm Dude

Some stupid asshole at Big Hollywood writes:
What really bugs me is, I’m not that political. I have political opinions, yes. But my politics can’t be fit into any one category. My politics is that I hate politics. Both parties have screwed up this country in some way. So I’m an independent. Always have been. I’m basically a libertarian, but I don’t agree with everything libertarians believe. I’m conservative in some areas, liberal in others. Basically, I’m my own man. Why should I bow down to anyone’s agenda if I don’t agree with everything? Why should anyone? No side is 100% right. We’re all human and that means none of us have all the answers. Yet some people today will attack you if you dare to say anything not on that invisible list of stupid ideas they call leftism. Dare to disagree and you’re likely to be called all kind of nasty things. Maybe even ostracized in some fashion.
I have here in my hand an invisible list of two hundred and five precepts that were known to Karl Marx as being crucial to the Democratic Party and which are still working and shaping the ridicule of people who are meaner than you. And according to these precepts you are a big crybaby.

8 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

"I'm stupid, and it makes me mad when people notice."

~

Righteous Bubba said...

I’m conservative in some areas, liberal in others.

And...

Yet some people today will attack you if you dare to say anything not on that invisible list of stupid ideas they call leftism.

So...which of the stupid ideas on the invisible list are acceptable?

That column is such a long long whine.

Mendacious D said...

Shorter:

"I'm not political, but damn those Lefties piss me off."

Rusty Shackleblart said...

If honestly speaking what's on your mind often results in people "going ballistic" then maybe that should tell you something other than "liberals suck."

Righteous Bubba said...

Later in the column... A lot of people in places like Hollywood are desperate to be liked, because it affects their career.

Like who?

If I had an attention span I could have filled your whole browser right up to the top with examples of whining from this column and it would have spilled over into your e-mail.

herr doktor bimler said...

Maybe even ostracized in some fashion.
How many fashions are there of ostracising someone? [spelling it 'ostracizing' doesn't count]. Intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic would like to know.
You're invited to attend the next OstraCon, which is the convention where we discuss these issues.

Righteous Bubba said...

How many fashions are there of ostracising someone?

I think some are more painful than others.

another kiwi said...

Frankly I would call a family that made their children drink a Celery, tomato, milk and eggs drink barbarians and not talk to them, Ostrogoths!!