Thursday, January 15, 2009

After William Topaz McGonagall

It must have been an awful sight,
To witness in the dusky kitchen light,
While the Plumber did laugh, and angry did bray,
Knees down on the linoleum that day,
Oh! ill-fated sight on the linoleum that day,
I must now conclude my lay
By telling the world fearlessly without the least dismay,
That some nice suspenders would not have given way,
At least many sensible men do say,
Had they been supported to hide his buttresses,
At least many sensible men confesses,
For the higher our pants, God knows,
The less chance our ass to expose.

Drawn from here and here after the pie graph below was mocked here and a Vogon poetry threat was unleashed here. It's funny how the human brain works and it's also funny how my brain works. Who knew that there could be a more cringe-worthy use of "buttresses" outside McGonagall?

6 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Bad RB.

Bad!

And evil, too.

EVIL!
~

tigris said...

The past three posts seem highly assonant. Do I have your assurance, your asseveration, even, that it was accidental, or do I assume assiduity where there is no association, only chance assortment?

herr doktor bimler said...

I never meant to say that bad persons are generally Righteous Bubba. I meant to say that Righteous Bubba is generally a bad person. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it.

Righteous Bubba said...

The past three posts seem highly assonant.

I was behind in my updating; post altered towards the bottom.

Righteous Bubba said...

I would advise the gentleman who threatened Vogon poetry not to bring a life form to a bum fight.

Mendacious D said...

Or a half-ass to a bum fight, for that matter.

My own minimal offering:

It is a ruined party,
and it polleth one in three...